Wilders are a Faction in AFK Arena.
All Wilders appear based around nature, as indicated in their lore. Most of them possess a connection to the forest, as reflected in their skills.
"Wilders come in all shapes and sizes, but some are more unusual than others. [...] Wilders don't have any expectation of how another Wilder should look[.]"
Wilders possess a wide variety of appearances. Many are humanoid with animal-like qualities, such as ears, tails, or horns. Some, such as Ulmus or Dreaf, are living plants. Others are more animal-like, such as Gorvo or Ogi.
Many Wilders hold a magical connection with the forest and with Yggdrasil, which is often exhibited in their skills. It is said that Dura planted Yggdrasil, and left the spring of life as a parting gift to the Wilders. Despite this, the elders seem doubtful that Dura's artifacts exist, as evidenced by Kaz's quest to prove this in the Peaks of Time level, "Rest in Peace."
On the World Map, Wilder territory consists of Chapter 3, Yggdrasil.
"The world tree, or Yggdrasil to the denizens of the forest, is located at the heart of the Wilder territory. Yggdrasil was said to have been planted by Dura many millennia ago as a place for the forest folk to seek refuge from any who would see them harmed. The root system of the immense tree spreads throughout the entirety of the forest, the meters-wide roots set like massive arteries among the smaller vessels of the normal trees. The edge of the forest is said to be protected by a mystical barrier that stands wherever the roots reach. The forest folk put much faith is Yggdrasil, and have rallied around that faith to hold off any invading evils, even while the kingdom of men crumbles."
In Seirus' story, Azure Cove is mentioned.
"Azure Cove is situated between the Dark Forest and the Bastion of the Elements. Its position relative to the ocean's currents means that this patch of water is fickle and fierce. Here, a tranquil sea mirroring the sky above can become a darkly churning maelstrom seemingly without reason or recourse. Decades ago, a massive tsunami swept through the cove, permanently altering the area's gestalt and birthing it in its turmoil a new avatar."
"There are countless discoveries to be made within the forest. Those that dare venture into it often find it hard to find their way back home again. It's also said that only those who've passed its trials are worthy of revealing its secrets."
-Secrets of the Forest: Background
The Forest Maze is described as being "at the edge of Wilder territory."
It is said that Dura hid artifacts within the Forest Maze. Additionally, an Ancient Tome reads "It is said that only those have earned the forest's respect may adorn its artifacts."
The Forest Maze is filled with hedges that conceal hidden paths, revealing themselves only to true allies of the forest, and vines that grow upon sensing violence, blocking the way. Only those who can earn the forest's respect, proving themselves to Lyca as a true ally of the forest will be able to proceed to the artifact.
"This area of woods is said to be scattered with several ancient altars, each altar is said to embody a different type of elemental magic, whether or not the magic within these altars is good or evil is anybodies guess. As a way of maintaining balance between the elements found in this mystical land, ancient Wilder sages created an altar that is now home to a powerful water elemental."
- Defenders of the Forest
- The Dusk Patrollers
- Wisdom and Hope
- Guardians of the Abyss
- The Traveling Trio
There are many bounties that include additional information about Wilders.
|Mythic||The Following||Vanquish all followers of the demonic occult||
|Mythic||Frozen Goods||Travel into the white woods to acquire some crystal ore that can be used to forge powerful weapons for the Maulers' heroes.||
|Mythic||Frosty||A Frost dragon from the far north has flown south and is wreaking havoc. Rally your men against it.||
|Legendary||Limitless Knowledge||Attend a class at the Arcane Library.||
|Legendary||Healing Herbs||Search within the forests and gather some medicinal herbs to help the injured Wilders recover more quickly.||
|Legendary||A message from the wild||Deliver a leaf from the world tree to Arden.||
|Legendary||Nefarious Spirits||One of the local townsfolk is being tormented by a nefarious spirit. Help them drive off the mischievous poltergeist.||
|Legendary||Source of Corruption||Arden can smell a putrid stench wafting throughout the forest. Accompany him to investigate the source of the smell.||
|Legendary||Overcome the sleeping evil.||Demonic spirits are adept at hiding themselves. Destroy any graves you suspect are home to dormant evils.||
|Elite||Scattered Embers||For some unknown reason, many elemental creatures have been disappearing, leaving only mounds of dust and embers on the ground where they stood. Investigate the cause of their disappearances.||
|Elite||Sleepless Nights||A restless spirit is terrorizing the local soldier's dreams. Put the spirit to rest.||
|Elite||Gold Coating||It's a well-known fact that coating your weapons in gold can imbue them with magical properties. Help the Kingdom with its war efforts.||
|Elite||In-fighting||Fighting has broken out between the Centaurs and Bear of the Mauler faction. Use diplomacy to help mediate the dispute.||
|Elite||Prisoners of War||The Hypogeans have captured several Wilders, subjecting them to severe torture. Liberate the Wilders from their wicked captors.||
|Elite||Safe Passage||Travelling merchants are unable to pass through Esperia safely. Escort them safely to their destination.||
|Elite||Migration||Wildlife is fleeing from the demon invaders at the edge of the forest. Go to the edge of the forest and help them migrate safely away from the invaders.||
|Elite||Strange Transformations||Magical entities have started attacking travellers[sic] in the forest. Investigate and dispose of any threats.||
|Elite||A green alliance||Ensure safe passage of the King's gift to the Wilders in the shady forest.||
|Rare||A precious gift||Help deliver precious ore to the Dwarf King||
|Rare||Special Specimens||Seek out some rare plant specimens deep within forest so that the Wilders' botanists can research them for their medicine.||
|Rare||Rotten Bark||Trees within the forest are being affected by the barred gate's demonic magic and are starting to rot. Set up a forcefield around the trees to protect.||
|Rare||Morvus' Request||Huntin' takes its toll. Resupply Morvus with his beloved dwarven stout and gun powder.||
|Rare||Neverending Nightmare||A poor spirit has been tormented by nightmares of his death everyday. Use divine magic to relieve the poor spirit of his nightmares.||
|Rare||Nemora's duty||Help Nemora aid the civilians that were in injured in the demonic ambush||
|Rare||Pestilence||An unknown disease is spreading throughout the city with terrifying speed, causing its citizens to fall ill and die. Help the city's maesters research a cure.||
|Legendary||Ogi's rage||Help Ogi defeat the demons in the forest that are pestering him.||
|Legendary||Undead Research||Research the Graveborn's biology and ascertain what their weaknesses are.||
|Legendary||Retribution||The tyrannical rulers[sic] of the old empire has been raised from the dead to terrorize the world once more. Lift the curse and lay him to rest.||
|Elite||Evil Imbuer||It would seem some of the gold from the Arcane Labs has gone missing. Investigate.||
|Elite||Gloomy Forest||A once friendly beast become[sic] enraged. Deal with this beast and investigate what caused his unusual transformation.||
|Elite||Angelo's Request||Accompany and protect Angelo as he makes his way to the frontlines.||
|Rare||Crystal Ore||The dwarves are renowned for their smelting skills. Venture into the mines and acquire the crystals they seek.||
- In Kaz, Arden, and Ira's stories, as well as the union stories "The Dusk Patrollers" and "Defenders of The Forest," the Wilder task force is referred to as "The Dusk Watch," in comparison to the union title "The Dusk Patrollers." The Peaks of Time stage "Rest in Peace" also uses the name "The Dusk Patrollers." It is possible that they are alternate names for the same task force, or that The Dusk Patrollers is a sub-force consisting of Ira, Kaz, and Lyca specifically.
- Wilders seem to possess a natural connection to the gods and deities, as evidenced in several places throughout lore.
- Tasi is from the dream realm and possesses immense power and influence over dreams. She has chosen to take physical form and identify as a Wilder.
- Seirus is a manifestation of the elements themselves, taking physical form and identifying as a Wilder.
- Eironn was chosen by the elements as stated in his story. "Eironn hadn't chosen the elements, they had chosen him."
- Lyca's deer was foretold in a prophecy known by the Wilder sages: "...when the forest was enshrouded by evil, the stars would manifest in the form of a pure and holy sigil. The sigil would seek out a worthy hero, and together they would drive the evil away from their beloved home."
- Yggdrasil is said to have been planted by Dura thousands of years ago as a refuge for the forest folk.
- The spring of life which gave Tasi physical form was said to have been Dura's parting gift to the Wilders.
- In Ira's story, the terms "war-riors," "men-ace," "supernat-ural," and "mon-sters" are used. These may be quirks of Wilder dialect or simply errors.
- Strangely, the sapling mentioned in Ezizh's story matches the description of Dreaf. "The slender sapling was thick-trunked, with whip-like tendrils dangling from branches sprouting sick, fat blossoms that seemed to sweat in the moonlight. Its seeds, seeming to glower with a pale purple glow[...]"
- The art and stories of the Wilders have many nods to ancient Celtic culture.