"Long live the king."
Thoran is a durable strength-based tank hero of the Graveborn faction whose skills are focused on being damaged rather than making the most out of his attacks. He is more durable than most heroes, with an added resurrection skill which restores his life partially. Some of his skills have small Crowd control effects as well.
Thoran's ultimate ability "Retaliation" allows him to enter a focus state. In this state, he can convert the damage he receives into damage against his enemies. He also becomes immune to crowd control effects.
Once a great ruler, he was a wise and benevolent king, he loved his people and went to great lengths to do all he could for their benefit. His younger brother, Edwin, was a brave, excellent warrior; his younger siste, Theowyn, was weak with illness and a sensitive soul. Thoran did all in his power to provide for his siblings. However, Thoran became deeply embittered and resentful following Edwin's betrayal, and in his new Graveborn state his temperament dramatically altered, suddenly suspicious and loathsome. Grezhul aside, he trusts no-one.
King Thoran was a beloved ruler. Wise and able, his kingdom prospered as it never had before. Taxes were kept light, which endeared him to the merchant and peasant classes alike. Using skilled diplomacy and negotiation, he kept the kingdom out of war. There were no towns of grieving widows or hungry orphans under his rule. The soldiers enjoyed long visits home to spend time with their families in safety and help tend to domestic matters.
There was, however, a small contingent who didn't appreciate Thoran's way of doing things. Foremost among these malcontents was no other than the monarch's younger brother, Edwin. He rankled at the pacifistic policies of Thoran, seeing them as a stain on the honor of the kingdom and their house. After all, what did it say of their strength if they failed to carry on the old ways, the ways of the sword and conquest and blood. The barbarians populating the savage lands beyond their borders had stopped fearing the might of the kingdom. Noble houses which had maintained their place through warfare sat dormant, their power and influence dwindling season after peaceful season.
It was from among these houses that Edwin found the support he sought. A handful of noblemen responded to a secret summons. Once gathered, a plan was revealed. The few who opposed it didn't survive the meeting. A coup was underway. Edwin bid his treacherous noblemen return to their estates to each gather a selection of their most ruthless and skilled men-at-arms. After doing so, they returned to the royal residence under the guise of making a social call. Their soldiers posed as cooks, heralds, and retainers, hiding their weapons among their lords' personal effects. At a dinner attended by the king as well as several of his top officials, the traitors made their attack. King Thoran was successfully dispatched, but at a far greater cost than they could've imagined.
One of Thoran's Praetorian Guard, after finally being overwhelmed by his attackers, rose inexplicably from his bloody heap. In the slaughter that followed, the traitors were slain to a man, including Edwin. The risen guard scooped up his fallen king's body in his arms and took him away, seeking yet another resurrection.
The Praetorian was successful in his task, and the monarch rose again. The kindness and goodwill for which he had been famous had drained from his heart, replaced with a cold rage.
Rumors eventually reached Thoran that his brother had also been brought back into the living world. At this news he found a new purpose. He began raising an army of the undead- an army that would give him the vengeance constituting his only remaining desire. He would find his brother and bring him the final death.
“The crown weighs heavy.”
|Unlock Level (Eternal Engravings)||Name||Icon||Description|
|30||Resurrection||Enhance the ability Resurrection, Thoran's Attack Rating is increased by 20% for 10 seconds after being resurrected.
Reach 3 star Ascended with this hero to gain: MR +3.04
|60||Taint||Enhance the ability Taint, While cursed, the enemy target's Health Recovery is reduced to 50%.
Reach 5 Star Ascended with this hero to gain: MR +3.04
|80||Endeavor||Arena of Heroes, Legends' Challenger Tournament, Legends' Championship, Heroes of Esperia: TY +31.85 DEF +37.04%|
Item: The Vengeful Crown
Skill: King's Will
Thoran cannot be killed during the initial focusing phase of his “Retaliation” ability.
- [+10 Unlocks] Thoran’s max health is increased by 15% while in battle.
- [+20 Unlocks] Thoran’s max health is increased by 30% while in battle.
- [+30 Unlocks] Thoran cannot be killed in battle for the first two times that he enters the focusing phase of his “Retaliation” ability.
Furniture Set Bonuses
- [3/9 Mythic Pieces] Enemies that are stunned by the ability "Resurrection" are drawn towards Thoran and he recovers 5% of his max health for every enemy stunned by the ability "Resurrection".
- [9/9 Mythic Pieces] Thoran immediately recovers 150 energy points after he is brought back to life by his "Resurrection" ability.
- "Long live the king."
- "The cold permeates everything."
- "These lands will always be mine!"
Dolly's Corner Profile
- According to the lore story Under his Thumb, he rules Bantus with an iron fist out of unchecked paranoia, throwing any subjects that show the slightest sign of disloyalty towards him or Qaedam in the Black Prison — a facility of his own invention specially designed to torment a Graveborn's soul.
- While collecting a gift from Thoran in The Oak Inn, he will say the following: "Brave Adventurer: This room is no larger than my castle bathroom! This place is most certainly not fit for a king! Take this and be gone!"
|Edwin • Horwich and Porter • Sepulcre • Stitchy|