Solemn Vow is a Campaign feature in which players who meet certain criteria can form a Mentor-Apprentice relationships, complete growth quests together, and receive bountiful rewards.
When an apprentice completes Learning Tasks and Mentor Tasks, they shall receive Erudite Essence. By accumulating Erudite Essence, players can raise the level of the sword "Solemn Vow", while also claiming its level-up rewards.
- By completing all Learning Tasks and Mentor Tasks, players are able to level up the Solemn Vow to its maximum level. Once a player has claimed the Solemn Vow’s max level rewards, their apprenticeship will be considered as successfully finished.
- Apprentice’s Solemn Vow level-up rewards can only be claimed once per level. A player’s Apprentice level is linked to their Solemn Vow level, thus, if they terminate their mentoring relationship with a Mentor, it shall not be reset.
- During a Mentor and Apprentice’s mentoring relationship, Mentors can acquire Mentorship Points based on the Apprentice’s current Solemn Vow level.
- Mentors can claim corresponding Mentor Rewards by accumulating Mentorship Points.
- Mentors can acquire all Apprentice rewards by mentoring an Apprentice up until they successfully finish their apprenticeship.
- How to become a Mentor: Reach Chapter 30 of the Campaign and possess 10 Ascended tier heroes.
- How to become an Apprentice: Reach a Stage between Campaign Chapter 4 through Chapter 25.
- Mentors may only take on one apprentice at a time, likewise, apprentices may only ask for help from one mentor at a time.
- Mentors and apprentices cannot halt their relationship within the first 3 days of it beginning.
- Mentors are required to take on new apprentices at least two weeks apart from their last intake.
- Apprentices cannot choose a new Mentor for the next 24 hours after halting their relationship with the previous Mentor.
- If a mentor has been offline for 7 days, the Apprentice can immediately find a new Mentor after halting their relationship with the inactive Mentor
- When a mentor and apprentice have been in a mentoring relationship for two weeks, or the apprentice has been offline for 7 days, the mentor can choose to terminate the relationship with the apprentice.
- After completing corresponding tasks, Mentors can claim “Years Lost” rewards. “Years Lost” contains all Apprenticeship rewards.
Solemn Vow Chapters
|Chapter One: The Daughter of Rayne|
|The Rayne Family have a well-established, deeply respected record of military service in the Empire. As soon as the boys learn to walk and take their first steps, they are trained in tactics, strategy, and swordplay.
However, I am a girl.
"There's no need for girls to push themselves so hard or foster strong personalities... You'll be cared for by the family in your old age." Nanny Sofia would often warble at me.
I like combat, I like winning, and I like swords.
Uncle Baden made a wooden sword for me, it is my most prized belonging.
|Chapter Two: Birthday Present|
|The little wooden sword was presented to me in a small box on my eighth birthday. It fit snugly in my dainty hands, and weighing less than the iron swords I could lift it with ease.
"It's just as Uncle Baden said!"
"Naturally, after all, Lady Estrilda does me the honor of being her teacher. Once you're THIS tall, I'll teach you even more incredible things."
Picking me up, he patted my head and nuzzled me, tickling my face with his beard.
|Chapter Three: Sacrifice|
|Uncle Baden never returned. He lied. When news of his sacrifice reached the usually racucous Rayne household, all fell into deathly silence.
Come Autumn, the frail old butler erected a new tombstone in the family graveyard.
Father and the other family heads locked themselves inside and bickered over something or other. I heard someone bang on the table amidst the shouting.
|Chapter Four: Winter|
|This winter was extraordinarily bitter. Father and his brothers went away and never returned, just like Uncle Baden.
All sorts of gossip filtered into the Manor from the outside world.
"I heard everyone died, not a soul left alive." Despair seemed to permeate the Manor, the butler even seemed to have aged a decade.
I reached for the little box and pulled out the wooden sword. A voice inside my heart rang out, "I want to become as strong as I can."
|Chapter Five: Training|
|When not eating or sleeping, I trained tirelessly, but without a teacher to guide me I never truly learned.
The new butler often stood at one side of the shooting range, his sour face portraying his unimpressed manner. He seemed to think my "training" to be childish, resembling no more than an angry tantrum.
|Chapter Six: Sword Master|
|Just as the manor was at its most vulnerable, assassins found their way in.
It was at this most pivotal of moments the new butler, Thane, came out swinging. The sword in his hand was wielded with precision, the blade dancing as he deftly executed the infiltrators one by one. I never imagined our silent, sour-faced new butler was in fact an under cover Master Swordsman.
|Chapter Seven: Refusal|
|I needed a swordplay teacher, he was clearly the best choice.
I often think back to that time, when Thane handled those assassins. His sword seemed to have life when wielded in his hands, every moment essential, every blow exact, a beautiful display of skilled execution.
I decided this day I would express my desire to learn from him. I plucked up all the courage I had.
"M'Lady, I am merely a butler, not a slave to the Raynes. What you need is a swordplay teacher, and in that, I've no interest." Thane's refusal was flat.
|Chapter Eight: Sitting Alone|
|This is a big room. Hanging in the center of the wall is the ancient Rayne family banner. Medals, awards, and all kinds of arms surround it, gathered over time by generations of the Raynes.
I have also brought my wooden sword to this place.
I sat here alone for days on end, the old butler never leaving my side.
|Chapter Nine: The Old Butler|
|One day, the old butler finally spoke, "Lady Estrilda. I am sixty-three years old. I never expected to see this fine family fall in my lifetime."
Staring at his pale face, I say nothing.
He continued, "I was once part of a militia. My leg was badly wounded in the war. Despite this enfeeblement, the Raynes did not cast me aside, no, they gave me my life back. I want to repay them, I've been thinking about how to do just that, even now in my old age..."
The faintest of sounds could be heard from outside the door... Thane came in.
|Chapter Ten: A Turn for the Better|
|Speaking brusquely, Thane piped up, "Relying on wit alone, with neither food nor drink, can you foresee the future of the Rayne family?"
I couldn't answer. I ran my fingers over the edges of my little wooden sword, finally mumbling, "If only Uncle Baden was still here, he was always full of ideas..."
Thane cut me off, his gaze wandering off into the distance through the window, "Why did you want me to teach you swordplay?" I couldn't guess what he was thinking.
Hurrying to spit out an answer, afraid I'd misheard the question, I replied, "To become as strong as you! So I can protect my family and restore honor to the Rayne Family name."
Perhaps he saw my determination, or perhaps he merely felt a pang of pity? The silence that followed was long, but to my astonishment, he nodded. "I will train your body. Provided you handle that well enough, we will consider the rest after."
|Chapter Eleven: The Trial|
|Time lost all meaning as days blended into each other. Everyday I woke at the crack of dawn to attend to the training ground, receiving Thane's instruction to strengthen my body, starting with legs, then waist and abdomen, and finally shoulders.
"When the men of Rayne step into battle, their opponents are several times their own size and weight. Faced with such a disadvantage, we must ensure our whole body is at its most agile and able. Only once that is acheived, can a sword's blade truly attain its potential."
|Chapter Twelve: Pain|
|Every day I went to bed sore and aching, and each morning I arose from bed doubly so. The training sessions were intense beyond belief.
Thane was cold, tough, and quick to double the workload if even the slightest mistake was made.
"The human body is stronger than you imagine, your will even more so. This pain pales in the face of death. For those soldiers who are sent to war, this is the most basic of basics."
|Chapter Thirteen: The Basics|
|"For those soldiers who are sent to war, this is the most basic of basics."
Those words echoed inside my mind, over and over like an endless peel of bells. Every single soldier to have gone to war has been through this experience.
My father and his brothers, they've all persevered through this training regime.
As a daughter of the Raynes, so can I.
|Chapter Fourteen: The Welcome End|
|The two month period of training reached its welcome end.
Thane turned to me, and rather than immediately beginning our swordplay classes, he said, "Where's your sword? Pick it up, try to land a blow on me, Estrilda." The first time Thane had ever addressed me by anything other than M'Lady, "Attack me."
|Chapter Fifteen: The Attack|
|Firmly gripping my sword in hand, I charged at Thane.
|Chapter Sixteen: Broken|
|I was surprised that I held my own against Thane for as long as I did. Alas, my little wooden sword did not, and before I could return to my senses, it snapped with a splintering of wood.
"So did I... fail this test, then?" I ask Thane.
But he did not respond.
The following day I arrived early to the training grounds, only to find Thane was not there to meet me.
For several more days, he did not show.
|Chapter Seventeen: Silver Sword|
|Anxiety was gnawing away at me in my crestfallen state. The old butler meanwhile busied himself making me a new wooden sword.
Several days passed, and Thane appeared.
Thrown out before me was a fine lightweight iron sword, its blade silver and gleaming.
"It has yet to be broken in, so you'll be using this." Turning away, Thane said, "Be at the grounds on time tomorrow morning."
|Chapter Eighteen: Famed Blade|
|"This sword has been modeled on the Rayne Family's legendary blade, Solemn Vow." Seeing this new sword of mine, the old butler seemed impressed.
|Chapter Nineteen: Solemn Vow|
|None of the Family elders ever told me more than the Solemn Vow's name. The old butler, however, has spent most of his life here in the Manor, so he probably knows something of its history.
|Chapter Twenty: Kheiss Rayne|
|"When the Hypogeans descended upon the world, countless brave individuals took up arms to defend their land. These were known as the Lightbearer Empire's Expeditionary Forces.
During the expedition, there was a tradition that soon became a rule: Every new recruit would be partnered with an experienced battle veteran. By doing so, the new recruits would have a higher chance of returning from the battle with their lives intact. Lady Estrilda, your ancestor, Kheiss Rayne was one who served in this force."
|Chapter Twenty-One: Blood and Fire|
|Chapter Twenty-Two: Opportunity|
|Chapter Twenty-Three: Tournament|
|Chapter Twenty-Four: At the Garrison|
|Chapter Twenty-Five: Battlefield Banner|
|Chapter Twenty-Six: A Promotion|
|Chapter Twenty-Seven: War is Coming|
|Chapter Twenty-Eight: Separation|
|Chapter Twenty-Nine: Measure Up|
|Chapter Thirty: Renewed Glory|
Apprentices can complete all Learning Tasks with the guidance of their Mentors. Learning Tasks may not be completed multiple times, and the number of tasks already completed will not be reset if an Apprentice terminates their relationship with a Mentor.
The following quests are completed by apprentices:
|Summon Heroes 100 Times|
|Draw Furniture 100 Times|
|Stargaze 30 Times|
|Accumulate 50 Elite Heroes|
|Complete 10 Team Bounties|
|Play Hellscape 10 Times|
|Cultivate 1 Ascended Heroes|
|Achieve 10 Legends' Challenger Victories|
|Complete the Arcane Labyrinth 30 Times|
|Gift 600 Companion Points|
|Participate in 150 Guild Hunts|
|Make 10 Purchases from the Store|
|Acquire 5 Pieces of Mythic Gear|
|Unlock 3 Signature Items|
|Raise 1 Signature Items to Lvl 10|
|Reach Chapter 15|
|Reach Chapter 18|
|Complete Floor 150 of the King's Tower|
|Complete Floor 200 of the King's Tower|
|Raise the Crystal Pentagram to Lvl 150|
Mentor Task progress is calculated weekly. Apprentices may commence their Mentor Tasks in advance, and the progress made within each week will be retained. An Apprentice may complete a total of 10 Mentor Tasks. If an Apprentice changes Mentor, the number of chances they have to complete Mentor Tasks will not be reset. If an Apprentice does not complete a Mentor Task, they do not lose any chances to complete future Mentor Tasks.
Mentors may set the following tasks for their apprentices:
|Complete the Arcane Labyrinth 2 Times|
|Participate in the Arena of Heroes 20 Times|
|Summon Heroes 10 Times|
|Complete 10 Campaign Stages|
|Complete 10 Floors in the King's Tower|
|Ascend 3 Heroes at the Temple of Ascension|
|Claim Free Gifts from the Merchants 5 Times|
Accumulated Giveback Points can be used to earn rewards for Years Lost.
Daily Login +10 Giveback Points, +1 Giveback Point.
Reach Chapter 30
Reach Chapter 33
Reach Chapter 35
|"I see the shadow of my past in you."||Accumulate 1000 Mentorship Points.|
|"May the inheritor of glory forever flourish and never die."||Accumulate 2000 Mentorship Points.|
|"Carrying on a legacy is more than just glory, it is also a burden. The future is depending on you."||Accumulate 3000 Mentorship Points.|
- Mentors can use the Recommended Formation function to recommend optimal formations to their Apprentices.
- The Recommended Formation function is divided into two types of formation: ‘Optimal’ and ‘Current’. Within the Optimal tab, Mentors can select the best possible heroes within the game to formulate a formation. Within the Current tab, Mentors may only select heroes from a list of heroes that are currently owned by the Apprentice.
- Apprentices can copy their Mentor’s recommended formation into their own formation.
- Formations can be made for each individual gamemode, such as the Campaign, King's Tower, Arena of Heroes, and The Twisted Realm.
- Apprentices can borrow Mentor Mercenaries frm their Mentors without their approval. Apprentices just need to confirm their heroes on the secondary confirmation page to start using them.
- Apprentices can borrow up to 2 Mentor Mercenaries a week. Chances to use a Mentor Mercenary will only be deducted when they are used in a victorious formation. Mentor Mercenaries will be recalled on Sunday mornings at 00:00 UTC.
- Players may only hire heroes which are Legendary tier or higher from Mentors or friends. Hired heroes can each respectively be used in battle only once in the King’s Tower, 4-Factions Tower, and campaign stages if they are victorious, or more than once if they are defeated. Only one mercenary can be used at a time while ‘Team Hunting’. However, there is no usage limit for mercenaries.