"Time to turn up the heat."
Satrana is an intelligence-based mage of the Mauler faction, dealing burst damage. Like Safiya and Thali, Satrana is a fire mage. She summons flames through dance to scorch her enemies, granting herself temporary immunity to attacks and control effects. These flames also inflict burns upon enemies, which reduces their healing abilities and a portion of their health. Additionally, Satrana can pounce forth a short distance into her opponent's formation to target an enemy.
Satrana's ultimate ability "Fireseeds" targets the enemy with the highest combat rating, draining their max health and eventually dealing AoE damage to them. The target is prioritized according to their formation number.
Previous: The miseries of her childhood resulted in insecurity and a lack of trust, Satrana was often emotional and seized by the feeling of being helpless.
Current: Optimistic and outgoing, brings energy to the austere Temple of the Seers; yet deep within, she is brave and resilient, and willing to endure hardship to reach her goals.
A Keeper of Flames at the temple of the Scorched Expanse, Satrana occupies a position much elevated from that of her past. Satrana’s father was a deserter, and there are few things more contemptible in Mauler society than desertion. Cowardice is reviled and punished harshly. For his transgression, his possessions were divided among the tribe and his family taken as slaves. Satrana was still very young at this time, and was assigned to housework in the holdings of a minor chieftain.
Life under the chieftain was hard for the young girl. She became very careful, as even the smallest mistake could garner severe beatings. Her master would strike her for any perceived infraction. Taking too long to complete a task or failing to anticipate a request were the first things she learned to avoid. Unfortunately for the young slave, her master imagined impertinence in her every action. The beatings continued, causing her so much trauma that she eventually lost the ability to speak entirely. Thus, she suffered in silence.
The chieftain treated all of his slaves in the same manner, and this was eventually his downfall. Outnumbering his bodyguards by a wide margin, the oppressed and abused vassals struck back late one night. The chieftain’s heavy handed ways had ended the life of one of the most beloved slaves, and this was all the impetus the others needed to finally decide to take their revenge and freedom in one act.
The slaves had numbers on their side, but they were not warriors. Among the howls and shrieks of pain from slave and bodyguard alike, Satrana fled. She didn’t know where she was going or what she was looking for. She only knew that anywhere was better than this.
She ran until she couldn’t run any more, and then staggered along determinedly for a long while after that. She wanted to live, but knew it wasn’t likely. She had just accepted death when she crested a rise and saw before her a mysterious temple set among a verdant oasis. With her last reserves of strength, she made it to the temple grounds before collapsing.
Satrana awakened to a kind face and cool water washing down her throat like a miraculous rain. Her relief was short lived, however. One of the kind water bearer’s companions attacked, and a furious scene of bloodshed ensued. The duel was lightning fast and as frightening as anything that had happened in the chieftain’s home. When the attacker lay dead, her savior flashed a look of defiance at the others.
Elders came forth from the temple and Satrana watched as they cast her rescuer out. The biggest shock, however, came when they lifted her off the ground, handing her a set of well-made robes. It seemed she would still serve after all. Life at the temple wasn’t easy, but the Elders were wise and fair. Under their tutelage, Satrana grew and unlocked secrets she never imagined she would possess. She became more powerful with each changing of the moon, learning to harness fire and by so doing, to regain control of her own life. With time, she regained the ability to speak.
She thought often of the one who had saved her that first day at the temple. Though it was the elders who had given her the invaluable knowledge she now possessed, it was that fierce warrior to whom she really owed everything. She gathered bits and pieces of information about the fighter and the places she had possibly gone. Satrana decided that it would be a shame to gain the kind of power she had now and then stow it away in an isolated temple. She would instead bring it out into the world, if nothing else because she had some debts to repay.
“I will be silent no more”
Item: Blazing Ember
Skill: Mark of the Fox
Enemies that possess a higher percentage of health compared to Satrana's own deal 20% less damage to Satrana.
- [+10 Unlocks] Enemies that possess a higher percentage of health compared to Satrana's own deal 30% less damage to Satrana.
- [+20 Unlocks] Enemies that possess a higher percentage of health compared to Satrana's own deal 40% less damage to Satrana.
- [+30 Unlocks] When Satrana's health falls below 35% for the first time, the next time she uses her "Firedance" ability will not require her to use any energy points.
Furniture Set Bonuses
- [3/9 Mythic Pieces] If the ability "Overflow" causes the total duration an enemy has been set alight for to exceed 15 seconds, the burning effects of "Overflow" are strengthened. Enemies may not recover any health while being burned as a result of "Overflow" and raised to 2 times its original value.
- [9/9 Mythic Pieces] Burning effects of "Overflow" are strengthen when the enemy has been set alight for a total of 9 seconds.
- "Time to turn up the heat."
- "Hot? Why, thank you."
- "Magnior Tormenim!"
- "I will engulf you!"
- "Time to die."
- "I'm here."
Dolly's Corner Profile
- Like Safiya and Thali, Satrana is a mage who uses fire-based spells.
- The revelation of Satrana's age coupled with her sexualized design has been the source of considerable controversy among the fandom, and is likely the reason why Lilith staff have stopped answering questions regarding character ages.
- Satrana was 7 when she met Antandra (who was 17 at the time).
- Her hobby is roasting fish, which allows her to showcase her mastery over her magic powers whilst impressing Antandra with her cooking skills.
- Satrana's favorite food is wheat cake, a staple food at the Temple of the Seers and the first meal Antandra ever gave her.
- While collecting a gift from Satrana in The Oak Inn, she will say the following: "Brave Adventurer: There's so many interesting people here, it's a lot of fun! So much better than the temple! Without Numisu's constant nagging, it feels like heaven! I brought you this souvenir from the Scorched Expanse. I hope you like it! Oh, also, if you come find me earlier next time, we can do yoga together!"
|Khasos' Master • Old Pals • Previous Grand Chieftain • Quicksand Claws • Savagehorn • Willson|